The obvious answer is CRAFT BEER, of course!
Beer festivals have been around for quite a while, and as the interest in breweries, styles, production and beer culture has grown, so has the appetite for beer festivals. The increased demand has sprouted a bunch of new, smaller and more boutique beer festivals.
While the big shows are still a great place to discover new craft beers, meet the makers and have a great time, the smaller festivals have given a new opportunity to focus on true craft (more and more independent) breweries, and provide an intimate experience.
Why should you go?
- Take part in the seminars and get yourself some beer-ducation
- Check in with Untapped and max out your badges
- Visit your faves and spread the love by supporting them on social media
- Discover new breweries and styles – expand your horizons
We will be taking part in The Mashing on September 21-22nd in Calgary, and we will for sure be sharing with you all the treasures we find!
Here are some of our fave breweries (members will recognize these!) that will be showcased at The Mashing 2018, which are your faves from this list?
- Caravel Brewery
- Eau Claire Distillery (we know, not a brewery, but we also love our spirits)
- Annex Ale Project
- Half Hitch Brewing Company
- Banded Peak Brewing Co.
- Ribstone Creek Brewery
- Village Brewery
- Olds College Brewery
Looking for a new beer to try this fall? Here is a list of beer festivals taking place across Canada until the end of 2018. Did we miss one near you? Let us know!
- Whistler Village Beer Festival
- PEI Beer Festival
- True North Beer Festival
- Tapped Craft Beer Festival
- Medicine Hat Beer Fest
- Ottawa Valley Craft Beer Fest
- Banff Craft Beer Festival
And don’t forget about all the Oktoberfest celebrations!