Father’s Day and Beer
You might not be expecting a bread recipe to come from your favourite beer subscription, but we’re sharing this for many good reasons. With Father’s Day just around the corner and now that you’ve bought him the best Father’s Day gift from Canada Craft Club, why not get creative in the kitchen? Not only does this beer bread recipe make the BEST beer bread, but it’s a great use of the new brews Dad receives. So crack open a few cans and get in the kitchen.
Beer Bread Recipe
- 3 Cups self-rising flour
- 3 TBSP sugar (or honey)
- 355 mL room temperature beer (we used an IPA, but you can really use any beer you love)
- 2 x 1/3 Cup butter melted
- 1 TSP salt
- Heavy pinch of flakey salt to top
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line an 8” x 4” loaf pan with parchment paper
- Whisk flour, salt, and sugar together in a bowl, then add in beer and the first 1/3 Cup of melted butter
- Mix well but do not over mix, or bread will be overly dense
- Pour mixture into loaf pan and drizzle with second 1/3 Cup of butter
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, depending on oven
- While cooling, top with a heavy pinch of flakey salt and enjoy
Father’s Day Gift Idea
We think Father’s Day is more than gift giving – though that is a great part. There is nothing quite like showing your appreciation for the Dad in your life with a thoughtful gift. Whether you bake this beer bread together using one of his new Canada Craft Club beers or make it beforehand, it’s a delicious way to celebrate. Our Father’s Day gifts are made to share unique brewery craft beers, beer education, and an unforgettable experience. With our selection of beer gifts, Dad will receive at least 6 unique beers each month. What a way to show Dad you care!
Beer Gift Made Easy
There’s no reason to waste another minute. Our Father’s Day beer gifts are available now and ready for purchase! Gift Dad something special this year and don’t forget to give our tasty bread recipe a try.